Sunday, October 24, 2010

Autumn votives with my cricut and Timmy!














I saw something very similar to this on another blog.  forgive me, I can't find the post again.  But, she really gets the credit for such a cool idea.  All you need is glass tumblers, a few leaves cut out, etching cream and Tim Holtz alcohol inks.  Here are a few pics, the first just to show you the smoke glass old fashioned, I purchased from The Dollar Tree. I used the Speaking of Fall cartridge cut 2 different leaves at 4 inches.  I then used the etching cream to make the leaf shape.  After that was done, I used the leaf itself to place over my etched leaf and then used the inks to create the fall color feel on the glass.  The colors I used are cranberry, eggplant and gold.  I primarily used the gold and then cranberry as my den is mostly dark red. Add your tea light candle and you are done.  They really do have a warm special glow in person.   I really like how these came out.  I think that I will add a few to my craft fair items.  I am thinking Christmas ones with holly, santa hat, etc.   One tip, if you want to try this.  I would keep my design simple and probably only use flat sided glass in the future.  It is difficult to get your image to lay completely flat on a tapered and beveled surface.  Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Wende!!! I love these. They are so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how Awesome are those! Love this idea and how they turned out. Perfect for a little fall ambiance! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wende, these look great!!! They came out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a awesome project!!! what a great gife idea!!!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete