Friday, September 10, 2010

Can you come over to play?



It is amazing how long it takes to get your craft studio put back together.  I guess a lot of the time was spent trying to decide what to purge.  I have quite a few things that I am going to try and sell on Craig's List and some that I am going to donate to my local middle school.  I think one of them even has an after school scrapbooking club.  Well I now know that sorting paper is definitely not one of my favorite things to do.  LOL.  Time consuming and boring.  But, when you are searching for just that right piece of paper or card stock, it is a good idea to have an inkling where it might be.  So I now have my paper sorted by color, pattern and theme.  Some is even sorted by type, such as mulberry or vellum.  I used the Sterlite 3 drawer 12x12 containers.  I hope they will hold up over time.  Paper can get very heavy.  I tend to over buy my papers.  I live more than an hour away from any craft stores, so I am always worried I will run out of something that I need and it is a "road trip" away.  I found that I will also use my scraps if I put them in a drawer by color, as well.  I also have drawers for some items that I pick up over time for certain projects.  It is nice to be able to open a drawer and see every embellishment or whatever for that certain thing you are working on.  On top of my drawers I have those snap lid 12x12 containers.  In those I have things like primas, chipboard pieces or buttons. Precious little things.  It is nice to be able to take the entire case over to your work station and rummage thru it to find the perfect embellie! I also have a double ScrapRack for my embellishment that is sorted by theme and season.  I really don't use it much any more, I tend to make my own "accents" now that I have  my bugs and embossers. So, there you have it.  I am so close to being finished with putting back together my studio that I am getting giddy.  I do not have a good system for storage for my cuttle bug folders as of yet, or my stamps.   I have unmounted them all, but have not decided upon the storage.  I am open to any and all suggestions.  Let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. OMG Wende! I love it! I was thinking of buying those Sterlite 3 drawers for my paper but was worried if I can stack them like that. You just answered my question. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Wende. Now that you are a pro at sorting you can come do mine.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Wende - Love the paper storage. That just might work for me on top of a dresser. So glad you posted some pictures. I took pics of my room painted, love the color, but not sure how it looks in the photo. it is 8:15 and we are hungry. So stopping to get something to eat.
    Great job!!!

    Cristal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Wende! LOVE your studio! I just did some reorganizing in my studio this past week and I wish I had the wall space to store my MS punches the same way you did! Love how the pink wall looked behind them too! I actually store my embossing folders in a zippered notebook that Provocraft makes... I love it! As for stamps... if you have unmounted them, are you now storing them in the clear CD cases? That's what I did and bought CD boxes to organize them in. Great job on you scrappy space!!

    ReplyDelete